Monday, September 5, 2011

Chloe!

So the last few days have been nothing but busy and emotional! Why? Because my dog Chloe ran away! On friday we had a BBQ with the Babcock's and around 10 we were saying goodbye to the last of the family, we normally hold Chloe during this time, but we didn't/ As they are walking out of the door, a thing of thunder went off, and Chloe, who is petrified of thunder, ran out the door and thru a huge bush that a person can't even jump over that leads to another street.

So Ryan had to run down the street and around, and by that time she was gone. I'm sorry, but she is 3lbs and black. How are you gonna see her at night? Ryan, his brother Tommy and his brother in law Dwayne all stayed up and looked while I made calls and all that stuff. We didn't go to bed until 4 in the morning! So yeah, we looked all day saturday and still nothing.

I was a mess, bawling, sobbing, all that stuff! At 1am that night we got a call from a family saying that they found her! Agailn, I did not sleep that night, only because I was so excited to get my baby home! The father had said that the kids wanted to say goodbye to Chloe and do the right thing themselves, and I was so happy to let them do that!

So at 10 am the next morning we went to the address that the family had given us. The first thing we saw after introducing ourselves was the 4 young kids holding and petting Chloe, and then they handed her over. It was so cute! It made me so emotional. I scooped her up and just held her. I'm sure the kids must've thought I was crazy or something. But anyway, I was so happy to see her!

Beth and Dean, the parents, let the kids say goodbye and explain what they had learned about this experience. They had said that they learned to do the right thing. They learned all the steps of what to do if they ever have that happen again and it was so amazing to hear how much they learned. Such good citizens at such a young age! I had also done a thank you speach to them and let them know how much it meant to me that they did that and took such good care of Chloe. We also tried to give them a reward but they wouldn't accept it, so we got the kids an icecream at the icecream truck that day, and are taking Beth and Dean to dinner. We actually got along so well and made new friends! Who knew!?

Thank you to all who sent their best wishes and prayers! Ryan and I greatly appreciated it! We are so happy to have Chloe back at home with us. We missed her so much! Ryan was amazing with me during those tough days. He felt bad that my baby was gone, especialy cuz he gave me her for Christmas so he knows how much she means to me. I still need to make him the most awesome sandwhich ever to thank him. That's just the way we are. We thank eachother by giving them the things we like, especially if the other person makes it for us.
Thanks for reading,
Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment